MEDICA® R200 - Designed to supply CLRW grade water to multiple analyzers on a loop
The compact solution for distribution loops
The MEDICA-R200 feeds large automated diagnostic analyzers with a guaranteed high output and bacterial specification. This system provides CLRW standard (formally CLSI Type 1) pure water to multiple clinical analyzers across several laboratories making it highly flexible and reliable.
MEDICA R-200 features a unique, award-winning design incorporating a very high output water purification system, large 350-liter storage reservoir and distribution loop pump. By integrating the reservoir and water purification components into one compact system the MEDICA R-200 is very cost-effective to install and maintain on a loop system.
- Compatible with multiple and large clinical diagnostic analyzers which require up to 21 liters per minute of CLRW standard water
- Can feed multiple analyzers on a distribution loop and across several laboratories
- A bypass loop for the continual supply of compliant water in emergency situations.
- Compact footprint due to its integrated wrap around 350-liter reservoir.
- Low running and consumable costs
- Single system design makes it easy to project plan and install
- Full service and validation support
Ideally suited for:
- Large clinical labs with many different analyzers linked by an automated track
- A hospital lab with large standalone clinical analyzers in different labs and on different floors
- Pure water provision for other applications such as a glass washer as well as for clinical analyzers
- A laboratory with a need for a large central water system with an economy of operation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the MEDICA product range?
The MEDICA product range is specifically targeted at the Clinical diagnostics market. The MEDICA will either directly feed (analysers which require a direct feed) or fill via a dispense gun the analyser with water that meets the recommendations of the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI).
What is the MEDICA R200?
The MEDICA R200 is a water purification system designed to feed the highest throughput analysers requiring up to 200L/hr of water. It has an integral 350L reservoir to provide significant stored water.
I don't have much space in my laboratory, where can I install the MEDICA R200?
The MEDICA R200 can be installed in a plant room as it is possible to run a 200m loop from the product to the analyser. Loop installation and design will be handled by your local ELGA distributor.
What feedwater is required?
Normally potable water is sufficient as feedwater. However, the quality of potable water can vary between countries and regions. Feed water specifications can be found in the operators manual and the data sheet of the product. It is important that if the feedwater specification is exceeded suitable pre-treatment be installed to bring the feedwater within specifications.
How often do I need to change my consumables?
Consumables life depends entirely on the quality and volume of water being fed into the MEDICA product. Higher volumes and lower quality water will increase consumables usage.
|Product Specifications||MEDICA R200|
|Inorganics (resistivity at 25°C)||>10 MΩ.cm *|
|Organics (TOC)||<30 ppb *|
|Bacteria||<10 CFU/ml **|
|Particles||0.2 μm filter|
|Delivery flow rate||18-21 l/min|
* With Ion-exchange cylinder installed (Nuclear or Hypex grade resin)
** Subject to correct operating and maintenance procedures
Chlorine, chloramine and organics remain, increasing the burden on downstream consumables which will need more frequent and expensive changes
Uncontrolled bacterial contamination and TOC levels are not reduced
Increase in airborne contaminants and potential recontamination of purified water
To learn more about the benefits of the MEDICA Range, contact us and we’ll put you in touch with one of our Approved Partners and Lab Water Specialists.
Find An ELGA Approved Partner & Laboratory Water Specialist Today!
Overall, ELGA’s service and technical support are an excellent match for our own operations in South Asia. It’s a very good partnership, with a helpful and dedicated team, and it is good to know that they are always on hand if a customer has a problem. We have complete peace of mind in the MEDICA systems and the ELGA team; our in-house engineers know they can depend on the systems to perform reliably, and the customer receives a more efficient, comprehensive service.
Why Choose ELGA?
- Expertise We have installed thousands of water purification systems globally, and our service engineers will apply their expertise to the installation, validation and maintenance of your system
- Service Excellence Every MEDICA comes complete with one extra feature – First class service and support wherever you are in the world
- Training “Hands-on” operation training is arranged to ensure optimal system performance and minimize the risk of an interrupted workflow