MEDICA® R and MEDICA® D 7/15
When high purity water is required in low volumes for a single analyzer, the MEDICA-R and -D offer a range of systems at an undemanding cost of ownership.
MEDICA-R and MEDICA-D (7/15) supply a constant flow of high purity water which is maintained by recirculation through ion exchange resins, UV, and an integral 0.2µm microfilter. It is an ideal choice for use with a single chemistry or immunoassay clinical analyzer.
- Delivers up to 1.8 liters per minute of CLRW standard water (formally CLSI Type 1 water)
- Provides compliant purified water suitable for a dissolved oxygen specification
- Compatible with single clinical diagnostic analyzers which require up to 1.8 liters per minute of CLRW standard water
- A bypass loop for the continual supply of compliant water in emergency situations to the analyzer
- Low running and consumable costs
- Compact size makes it suitable to be installed under a bench or mounted on a wall
- Full service and validation support
The low-usage option for tap water feed
A compact, dedicated unit providing CLRW grade water, the MEDICA-R is an ideal choice for use with a single chemistry or immunoassay clinical analyzer. Two models are available providing either 7 or 15 liters/hr, and facilitating an instantaneous demand of up to 1.8 liters/min from tap water feed.
Low-usage option to meet dissolved oxygen specification
The MEDICA-D shares the same features as the MEDICA-R, providing CLRW grade water for single clinical analyzers. In addition, the MEDICA-D incorporates a deaeration membrane, providing a reliable dissolved oxygen specification that is required by some clinical analyzers. This product is also available in two models providing either 7 or 15 liters/hr.
Ideally suited for:
• Single clinical analyzers requiring up to 7–15 liters/hr
• Single clinical analyzers requiring up to 1.8 liters/min instantaneous demand of CLRW grade water
Smooth sides and vented filtration for optimized water
Easy to operate
Designed to run quickly and easily
Essential to meet CLRW specifications
Ensures the highest microbial quality
Avoids bacterial alkaline phosphatase
Keeps stored pure water ready for immediate delivery to analyzers at up to 1.8 liters/min
Maintains dissolved oxygen specification (required by some analyzers)
|Product Specifications||MEDICA R7||MEDICA R15||MEDICA D7||MEDICA D15|
|Dispense flowrate||7.5 l/hr||15 l/hr||7.5 l/hr||15 l/hr|
|Inorganics (resistivity at 25°C)||>10 MΩ.cm||>10 MΩ.cm||>10 MΩ.cm||>10 MΩ.cm|
|Organics (TOC)||<30 ppb||<30 ppb||<30 ppb||<30 ppb|
|Bacteria||<1 CFU/ml||<1 CFU/ml||<1 CFU/ml||<1 CFU/ml|
|Particles||0.2 μm filter||0.2 μm filter||0.2 μm filter||0.2 μm filter|
|Silica||<0.05 mg/l||<0.05 mg/l||<0.05 mg/l||<0.05 mg/l|
|Daily usage (max)|
|Daily usage (min)|
|Delivery flow rate||Up to 1.8 l/min||Up to 1.8 l/min||Up to 1.8 l/min||Up to 1.8 l/min|
Abbott Diagnostics chooses ELGA MEDICA systems in South Asia
Very sturdy and rugged. Have multiple purification technologies to provide you with pure water. Compact size with all modules built in one. Preferred choice for our Diagnostics labs.
Chlorine, chloarmine and organics remain, increasing the burden on downstream consumables which will need more frequent and expensive changes
Increase in airborne contaminants and potential recontamination of purified water
Weakly bound ions are released back into the water reducing resistivity
Uncontrolled bacterial contamination and TOC levels are not reduced
To learn more about the benefits of the MEDICA Range, contact us and we’ll put you in touch with one of our Approved Partners and Lab Water Specialists.
Find An ELGA Approved Partner & Laboratory Water Specialist Today!
Overall, ELGA’s service and technical support are an excellent match for our own operations in South Asia. It’s a very good partnership, with a helpful and dedicated team, and it is good to know that they are always on hand if a customer has a problem. We have complete peace of mind in the MEDICA systems and the ELGA team; our in-house engineers know they can depend on the systems to perform reliably, and the customer receives a more efficient, comprehensive service.
Why Choose ELGA?
- Expertise We have installed thousands of water purification systems globally, and our service engineers will apply their expertise to the installation, validation and maintenance of your system
- Service Excellence Every MEDICA comes complete with one extra feature – First class service and support wherever you are in the world
- Training “Hands-on” operation training is arranged to ensure optimal system performance and minimize the risk of an interrupted workflow