Distributing and recirculating pre-purified water centrally
The CENTRA-RDS is a storage and recirculating distribution system designed to work with other CENTRA or PURELAB systems or existing purification installations. In addition to storing and distributing pure water, the CENTRA-RDS maintains and improves water purity.
The CENTRA RDS stores, controls and distributes pre-purified water throughout a building, or a suite of laboratories, via a loop system.
- Delivers up to 30 liters per minute of type I, type II and type III water from a distribution loop
- Up to 18.2 MΩ.cm, type I, type II and type III water suitable for general and analytical applications
- Bacterial specification <5 CFU/ml is maintained using a combination of technologies
- Reliable continual supply of pure water using unique access controls and leak detection system with optional building management system (BMS) connectivity
- Designed to operate with other ELGA LabWater systems or existing purification installations
- Compact design provides more flexibility for new buildings and refurbishments.
- Full service and validation support
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the CENTRA Product range?
The CENTRA is ELGA's centralised distribution system for laboratories to feed multiple polishers.
What is the CENTRA RDS?
The CENTRA RDS is a purification system designed to feed a whole building from a plant room. It type 1 ultra pure water or simply distributes RO quality feed water. The difference between a CENTRA RDS and a CENTRA R200 is it does not have an RO so water supply is only limited by pre-purified volumes being distributed to it. Its 200m loop can cover multiple floors or multiple laboratories on a single floor to provide a truly centralised solution. The CENTRA saves space in comparison to competitive products by having an integral 350L reservoir to significantly reduce its footprint.
Most water purifications systems have a limited make up rate. Is this the case for the CENTRA RDS?
No, the RDS is designed as a distribution system for pre-purified water. This means the only limitation is the amount of water you are able to feed into the RDS.
How does the CENTRA R200 get type 1 water?
The CENTRA uses an SDI cylinder with a mixed bed resin to remove Ionic content and produce type 1 water.
Optimized inorganic water quality through use of in-line purification technologies
Low microbial counts achieved through vent filtration and smooth internal surface in the reservoir
Compact footprint provides flexible installation options for new building and refurbishments. It can be placed closer to the lab reducing the cost and design implications of long pipe loops
Reliable, continual supply of pure water using unique access controls, leak detection systems & full AV alarms with optinal BMS connectivity
Guaranteed high output with 350 l/hour of pure water productivity, delivering up to 30 l/min
|Product Specifications||CENTRA RDS HFV/HFR||CENTRA RDS|
|Dispense flowrate||18 l/min|
|Inorganics (resistivity at 25°C)||Up to 18.2MΩ-cm *||Up to 18.2 MΩ.cm *|
|Bacteria||<5 CFU/ml **||<5 CFU/ml **|
|Particles||0.2 μm filtration||0.2 μm filtration|
|Delivery flow rate||30 l/min|
* Ion-exchange cylinder (SDI) installed
** Dependent on feedwater quality and the system is correctly installed and regularly sanitized
Increase in airborne contaminants and potential recontamination of purified water
Chlorine, chloramine and organics remain, increasing the burden on downstream consumables which will need more frequent and expensive changes
Uncontrolled bacterial contamination and TOC levels are not reduced
To learn more about the benefits of the CENTRA Range or any other ELGA product, contact us and we’ll put you in touch with one of our Approved Partners and Lab Water Specialists.
We had been spending a lot on consumables from point of use systems across our laboratory. It took our time to replace consumables regularly too which impacted on our workflow. By having a centralised system we removed all of those issues, it has made our lab so much more productive.
Why Choose ELGA?
- We have installed thousands of water purification systems globally, and our service engineers will apply their expertise to the installation, validation, and maintenance of your system
- ELGA is trusted by labs around the World and we are renowned for excellent quality and reliability
- Our dedicated local help desk is always available to provide advice, troubleshooting, and parts identification