MEDICA® Pro EDI 60/120
MEDICA® Pro EDI 60/120 - High volume and high purity for high usage with more predictable running costs.
MEDICA Pro EDI 60/120
Predictable Running Costs At Higher Volumes
The MEDICA Pro range is specifically designed to meet the water quality needs of high performance, high volume single or multiple Clinical Diagnostic Analyzers. The MEDICA Pro EDI incorporates EDI ‘Pulse Technology’ using Electrodeionization (EDI). The system delivers 4 l/min of CLSI CLRW water with up to 60 or 120 l/hr productivity to meet your analyzer requirements. The single system design incorporates all the water purification components plus a 50-liter storage reservoir to ensure a very quick and cost-effective installation.
- Space-saving – ‘all in one’ design allows easy under-bench installation and flexibility for future relocation as the laboratory grows
- Economy – incorporates ‘Pulse Technology’ using Electrodeionization (EDI) to ensure fixed and predictable running costs
- Guaranteed performance at all times – self-monitoring software with built-in emergency by-pass allows uninterrupted operation 24 hours per day
- Guaranteed bacterial specification – onboard technology combined with easy system sanitization ensures a specification of <1 CFU/ml
- Upgradeable configuration – from 60 l/hr up to 120 l/hr production rate, to grow as your laboratory demands increase
- Built-in variable speed recirculation pump • Keeps stored pure water ready for immediate delivery to analysers at up to 4 liters/min
- Economic design • Unique wrap-around reservoir • Easy access doors and castors enables the system to be installed under bench
- High capacity Protek Pre-treatment cartridge • Allows for operation on more challenging feedwater
- Integral break tank • Complies with “class A” air gap requirements
- Sanitization • Designed to run quickly and easily
- Unique system operation protection • Automated alarms • Access to important control systems limited by “E-key”
- DI Cartridge and Conditioning Cartridge • The Conditioning Cartridge softens the water feeding the EDI technology
- Integral 0.05 μm ultrafiltration filter • Exceeds CLRW particulate specification
- Re-circulating UV • Ensures the highest quality microbial quality • Avoids bacterial alkaline phosphatase
- Economic purity • Degassing system increases the capacity of the DI cartridge
- EDI technology: • Can reduce the cost of ownership when high volumes of water are required
Ideally suited for:
• Large clinical analyzers or linked multiple analyzers requiring up to 120 liters/hr and an instantaneous demand of up to 4 liters/min
• Automated analyzer platforms that use a mix of technologies, e.g. combining chemistry and immunoassays
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the MEDICA product range?
The MEDICA product range is specifically targeted at the Clinical diagnostics market. The MEDICA will either directly feed (analysers which require a direct feed) or fill via a dispense gun the analyser with water that meets the recommendations of the Clinical Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI).
What is the MEDICA EDI?
The MEDICA Pro EDI is designed to reduce the running costs associated with purified water purification. This is because the EDI stack removes significant ionic content from the water before the water passes through downstream consumables, lowering the number of consumables which need to be changed. The MEDICA Pro EDI also contains a degasser to remove CO2.
If it is cheaper to run should I always purchase the MEDICA EDI?
Low quality feedwater with very high ionic content can cause saturation of the EDI stack nullifying its benefits. It is therefore important to ensure that the feedwater is within the product specifications.
Why remove CO2 from the water?
CO2 acts as a weakly charged ion which affects the purity of the water. It is removed by the Deionisation packs down stream which causes them to expire more quickly. Removing CO2 helps lengthen the life of consumables lowering your costs of ownership.
How much CO2 should be in the water?
The CO2 levels are set out in the feedwater specifications.
What feedwater is required?
Normally potable water is sufficient as feedwater. However, the quality of potable water can vary between countries and regions. Feed water specifications can be found in the operators manual and the data sheet of the product. It is important that if the feedwater specification is exceeded suitable pre-treatment be installed to bring the feedwater within specifications.
How often do I need to change my consumables?
Consumables life depends entirely on the quality and volume of water being fed into the MEDICA product. Higher volumes and lower quality water will increase consumables usage.
Keeps stored pure water ready for immediate delivery to analyzers at up to 4 liters/min
Unique wrap-around reservoir
Easy-access doors and castors enables the system to be installed under bench
Avoids need for external filters
Complies with “class A” air gap requirements
Designed to run quickly and easily
Access to important control systems limited by “E-key”
Optional addition for maximum delivery rate of 4 liters /min
Exceeds CLRW particulate specification
Ensures the highest microbial quality
Avoids bacterial alkaline phosphatase
Optional degassing system further increases capacity of Medpure cartridge
|Product Specifications||MEDICA Pro EDI 60||MEDICA Pro EDI 120|
|Dispense flowrate||60 l/hr||120 l/hr|
|Inorganics (resistivity at 25°C)||>10 MΩ.cm||>10 MΩ.cm|
|Organics (TOC)||<30 ppb||<30 ppb|
|Bacteria||<1 CFU/ml *||<1 CFU/ml *|
|Particles||0.05 μm filter||0.05 μm filter|
|Silica||<0.05 mg/l||<0.05 mg/l|
|Delivery flow rate||Up to 4 l/min @ 14psi (1bar)||Up to 4 l/min @ 14psi (1bar)|
*Subject to correct operating and maintenance procedures.
Installation of a MEDICA Pro EDI unit requires a starter kit, please order either LC237 or LC238.
Abbott Diagnostics chooses ELGA MEDICA systems in South Asia
MEDICA® Pro selected for Siemens ADVIA® analyzers at City General Hospital
Ions will remain in the water
Weakly bound ions are released back into the water reducing resistivity
To learn more about the benefits of the MEDICA Range, contact us and we’ll put you in touch with one of our Approved Partners and Lab Water Specialists.
Find An ELGA Approved Partner & Laboratory Water Specialist Today!
Overall, ELGA’s service and technical support are an excellent match for our own operations in South Asia. It’s a very good partnership, with a helpful and dedicated team, and it is good to know that they are always on hand if a customer has a problem. We have complete peace of mind in the MEDICA systems and the ELGA team; our in-house engineers know they can depend on the systems to perform reliably, and the customer receives a more efficient, comprehensive service.
Why Choose ELGA?
- Expertise We have installed thousands of water purification systems globally, and our service engineers will apply their expertise to the installation, validation, and maintenance of your system
- Service Excellence Every MEDICA comes complete with one extra feature – First class service and support wherever you are in the world
- Training “Hands-on” operation training is arranged to ensure optimal system performance and minimize the risk of an interrupted workflow